- Auto-optimising IMT - automatically adapts to your training requirements
- Training Intensity - can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance - guides you to breathe at an appropriate rate
- Training Results - scroll between results for Load, Power and Volume
- Single Breath Test - measures inspiratory muscle strength, peak inspiratory flow rate and inhaled volume in a single breath
- Training Index - displays the percentage effectiveness and effectiveness rating (Poor - Excellent) of your breathing training session based upon the work you achieved.
About POWERbreathe IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exercise tolerance.
K-Series Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training
Breathing physiology indicates that when your lungs are empty the breathing muscles are at their strongest. However, as they fill up with air they start to lose strength and therefore at high loads they can’t maintain a full contraction throughout an entire breath.
The POWERbreathe K-Series uses Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training to overcome this. This type of training offers a tapered loading resistance to match the contraction curve of your own breathing muscles throughout your entire breath. This enables you to complete a full breath and muscular contraction at an optimal resistance.
The K-Series will automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session.