POWERbreathe KH1 is a high performance, hand held respiratory muscle training, assessment and monitoring device, intended for use by healthcare professionals for inspiratory muscle training and assessment in patients with dyspnoea, including patients with asthma, COPD, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, heart disease, neuromuscular disease, Parkinson’s disease and spinal injury.
- Auto-optimising IMT - automatically adapts to training requirements
- Training Intensity - can be set to ‘auto’ or ‘manual’ for increasing/decreasing load intensity (cmH2O)
- Training Guidance - guides breathing at an appropriate rate
- Training Results - scroll between results for Load, Power and Volume
- Strength Index – calculates inspiratory muscle strength (cmH2O) based upon PIF
- MIP/PIF RMT - Maximum Inspiratory Pressure and Peak Inspiratory Flow tests for inspiratory muscle assessment (result shown on screen)
About POWERbreathe IMT
POWERbreathe is a scientifically proven Inspiratory Muscle Training (IMT) device, developed by leading scientists for improving the strength and endurance of the muscles used to breathe in, primarily the diaphragm and intercostals / rib cage muscles.
As with any other muscle, respiratory muscles can be trained so that they are more resistant to fatigue. This resistance to fatigue results in reduced breathlessness and enhanced exercise tolerance.
K-Series Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training
Breathing physiology indicates that when your lungs are empty the breathing muscles are at their strongest. However, as they fill up with air they start to lose strength and therefore at high loads they can’t maintain a full contraction throughout an entire breath.
The POWERbreathe K-Series uses Electronic Variable Threshold Resistance Training to overcome this. This type of training offers a tapered loading resistance to match the contraction curve of your own breathing muscles throughout your entire breath. This enables you to complete a full breath and muscular contraction at an optimal resistance.
The K-Series will automatically adapt to increases in your inspiratory muscle strength at the beginning of each training session.